Thursday, December 3, 2009

I finished The Gathering Storm last night and I have nothing but praise for the book, begun by Robert Jordan and finished by Brandon Sanderson. At no point did I feel like I wasn't reading Jordan's words. Sanderson seemlessly wrote his parts (from Jordan's notes) into the text Jordan wrote.

It is probably because the log jam is clearing and the series is finally winding towards a conclusion, but I think I enjoyed this book more than I did the last five, which all run together for me.

So bravo to Brandon Sanderson. I commend him for putting his life on hold for much longer than originally anticipated and deciding to conclude the series in three books instead of one. Had he done it in one, it certainly would have seemed rushed and not "felt" like it was written by Jordan at all.

Next up on the reading que: Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman.

No comments: